Created by OnePlusYou

Apr 10, 2010

Castoff!



11:12am Apr 9 2010


So, this *may* be a bit premature, as I probably still have some major painkillers in my system but: HWR has gone soo smoothly for me!

I had to report to the hospital at 6am this morning. I was in and started to get prepped around 7:30.They decided to keep me concious, but I barely was :). I felt a bit of pain at first, but they upped my meds and we moved on painfree.

I will never forget looking over at my doctor, after she finished. She still had a face shield on-she said things went really well. I saw drops of blood all over the shield and her OR gear. I asked her if it was mine. She told me it was. I had sprayed all over her. Well, then it was off to the recovery room.

I was out of the OR in recovery before 9:30...By 10:30, I was in my bed, enjoying a vanilla latte.

The time frame is all a little fuzzy to me, but that's what I recall.I have been given permission to start being FWB! I've taken 5 painful steps, but I did it!!

I'm in a splint until Tuesday, and then I'll get my darth boot and new xrays.I have some photos up on my flicker site of my scar before the procedure. It will be a bit thicker/ more dramatic, as she went in through it to get my large screws out.I have 8 screws and 1 plate remaining, I'm told they are there for life.but I no longer have avatar leg!! YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment